The Cascade Rescue Complete Evacuation Kit
Chairlift evacuation kit includes everything needed for a single station evacuation of most surface lifts.
Ski lift evacuation kit includes:
- Cascade Rescue Chair Lift Evacuation Seat
- 150 feet of PMI Hudson Classic 11mm Static Life Safety Rope
- Line Saver
- Backpack Rope Bag
- One Autolocking Steel Carabiner (Petzl Oxan)
- One Maillon Rapide Link
- One Rescue Eight (Can Substitute Petzl I'D or RIG Descender )
- One Cascade Rescue Rikki Tik Rescue Harness
- MSRP with Rescue 8 and Prussic=$686
- MSRP with ID=$921
- MSRP with RIG=$836.95
The Figure 8 configuration represents some additional challenges in regard to training and complexity. Each time the system is reset, the rescuer either needs to pull everything back through the 8 and prussik or undo the entire configuration and re-tie. This presents the opportunity for error at each lowering of the subject. The prussik could be mis-tied or not dressed properly, not properly attached to the harness, etc. Over multiple iterations of lowering subjects, the repetition of the task could create the opportunity for lack of attention to important details. Although this system is viable, it should only by used by highly trained individuals that have a deep and intimate understanding of rope rescue.