Sterling Bolt Escape Belt
After years of experimenting with different harness designs for escape and collecting feedback from Fireghters who have a long history of carrying escape systems, Sterling concluded that an escape harness needs to be 3 things:
- Lightweight: Ounces count - every extraneous bit of weight has been removed.
- Simple: With only one set-it-and-forget-it adjustment and simple closure snap, the Bolt is fast and simple to use.
- Easy to integrate: By simply adding a few belt loops to your existing bunker pants, the Bolt can accommodate every member of any department. Inclusion of second attachment point allows it to be used as a ladder belt when paired with an appropriate attachment, or for attachment in an aerial bucket.
- Available sizes: Regular / Medium (28"-42") and Large (42"-50")
- NFPA 1983:2017 as a Heat Resistant Escape Belt