MID CHAIN OR EXTRA ICE CHAIN
USE: Traction devise to add additional chain braking on icy slopes, usually advanced to expert terrain. The mid-chain is usually attached to the main chain, one snap on either side next, or on an added footman loop positioned at the mid-strap point on the outside of the sled shell.
- One sled brake chain with quick links (same length as comes on sled).
- 2 heavy grade snap connectors.
- Two large vice grips or a vice and a vice grip
- Connect the snaps to the chain using the quick link
- Close the quick link, then put in vice or vice grip and using a second gripper, twist (bend) the link to set it closed.